VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES at BAM
BAM depends on the support of our fabulous parent community to thrive. Parent involvement helps build community, engage our children, and create success for the entire school.
Whether you have a minute or an hour to spare each week, and wherever your interests, skills, or passions lie, there exists a rewarding opportunity to make a difference and a positive impact for your children and the community.
The PTA has a number of available roles (see below). If you’re interested in getting involved, with any of these roles or in any other way, please contact . Learn more about the PTA here.
- President-Elect: Don’t be intimidated. No PTA experience is required to be president-elect! This is your chance to learn the ropes and then take on a leadership role in Fall 2024. We have a great group of volunteers who are in charge of various tasks and events. The president keeps us organized, speaks at community events, and runs our monthly meetings.
- Treasurer-Elect: This is a great opportunity to learn the role of treasurer before assuming the role in Fall 2024. The treasurer is in charge of the PTA’s finances. This crucial position helps everyone stay on track with spending, reimbursements, required filings, etc.
- Historian: As the PTA Historian, you’ll create a record of BAM’s activities and successes. You’ll also gather volunteer hours for our meetings and events, and craft the annual PTA Historian Report to share with our council/district PTA. You will wrap up the school year by sharing a brief overview of our PTA journey at our last meeting of the school year!
- Parliamentarian: The Parliamentarian will support the president in overseeing meetings and offering guidance on parliamentary protocol. You will coordinate the initial meeting of the nominating committee, offering insights into the nomination and election procedures, while making motions, participating in debates, and voting.
- VP Community Building & Events: Be the point person in supporting on campus events and gatherings and volunteer efforts.The event coordinator is in charge of ordering pizza, arranging childcare with BAM staff, and making sure we have enough supplies and volunteers for community gatherings.
- VP Health & Wellness: Help keep our students and community healthy, well, and thriving. Support wellness, mental and physical health within our BAM community.
- Golden Sneaker/Walk and Roll Coordinator: Every year students, teachers, families, and staff are challenged to use active and shared transportation (walk, roll, carpool, or bus) to school. In the fall, it is a Walk and Roll day and in the spring the Golden Sneaker Contest. If you are looking for a fun way to contribute, this is for you!
- Giving Campaign: Join the team that is part of the core fundraiser for BAM. We are in need of a database specialist and anyone who is willing to learn the ropes of school fundraising! This position works on the fall and spring campaigns. No experience necessary – these roles are perfect for anyone working from home!
- Safety/Emergency Preparedness: Do you want to keep BAM organized and ready for an emergency? DO you have interest in earthquake safety, structural engineering or organizing supplies and systems? This role could be for you!
- BAM Readathon/Runathon: Join our team as a Runathon and/or Readathon Coordinator and bring a burst of energy to these annual events. You’ll take the lead in organizing this exciting activity, ensuring seamless communication with teachers and families about event details. Your role will also involve tracking and following up on pledges, contributing to the success of our fundraising initiatives.
- Technology Support: Your tech-savvy skills will be pivotal in ensuring smooth virtual meetings and events, offering technical assistance, and enhancing digital communication channels. Help create a seamless and engaging technology-driven experience for our school community.
OPEN COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITIONS
The following are committees that work with our Executive Board to engage in these specific topics and sometimes plan special events (like special assemblies/performances and playdates). We are looking for chairs/co-chairs for these committees: